Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Wanderlust

I am such a sucker for travelling and trips. Don't need an excuse. Someone said 'let's have a picnic', and I'm already looking at the list of holidays for the year, trying to see when I can bugger off for a few days.
It was on my last trip to Hampi that the brainwave struck. Just passing thru these fields and fields of sunflowers and other green stuff, and I thought - This is the bloody life! What am I doing with my time? And the great, quintessential road trip idea was born - it's all still in my head, of course.
Feb 19th, Thursday and March 30th, Tuesday are holidays. All I gotta do is take leave on Feb 20th and March 29th and I've got two 4-day blocks...now, what best to do with them?
Places to go include Araku (by car, taking Amaravati on the way), Pondi, the Warangal temples...not short of ideas. Or maybe I am, a little. Any suggestions anyone?
The other idea was to take cameras, or any video recording equipment. Record like crazy - randomness, chaos, unblinkered images of a trip as much of body as of mind...If we get a car- 3-4 ppl, equipment, paraphernalia..and we're off! With nothing more than a hazy idea of where we're headed.
There's this huge albatross around my neck and it's starting to get on my nerves. I've seen a lot of the UK and a lot of Europe...and I have no fuckin' clue what my own state has to offer. What a crying shame. Anyway, no matter. This, too, will pass.
And reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is not helping. The idea of 'going' being so much more important and desirable than 'arriving' anyplace in particular. The long-ignored call of the road is now yelling obscenities into my ear. I believe it's possible to hire bikes from Chennai to go to Pondi...mamma mia! So many options, so little time.

And so few people worth doing this stuff with...

Open call, really. All this sound good to anyone? Good enough to leave it all behind for 3-4 days and recharge? Give me a shout if you're interested, plus if you think u can make it at that time period - around Feb 19-22 or March 27-30.
I can't afford to miss out this time...
I also can't wait!
Hopefully, The Procrastinator won't rear his ugly head this time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home