Friday, December 10, 2004

Strangeness

So I've been getting up at the unearthly hour of 7 am for two days. Straight.

(and those who know me go :-O!)

All for the love of cricket. Aside, I also need some bloody exercise (like the cute dietician said), so went for "Corporate Cricket Team Selections". Don't miss the quotes. Messed up yesterday, but seeing how I went for fun and exercise, got both in ample measure. Went again today, semifunctional because things are paining because muscles barely alive were rudely woken up from their peaceful comas. Did better. So, all of a sudden, 8 months since I've been even near a bat or ball, I find meself in the cricket team and being introduced to the 'stars'. I thought it was common social interaction thingie, but I come to the office and realise it was more.

My boss comes up and says 'So I hear you are a talented cricketer?'. And I'm thinking yeah yeah, how nice of you to come and pull my leg. And so, in my infinite wisdom and with incredible panache I go 'hehehehehehehe...no no...hehehehehe'. Then he told me about the conversation he overheard in another office, between some corporate team seniors, including the best bat. They were saying something about new find, and the guy may even make it to the team for the Corporate Cup (which is between companies and quite a matter of prestige). Bollocks, I say. There's quite a bit of politicking that happens for this, so I don't think it'll happen. Besides, right now it's all about the exercise and rediscovering my love for the game.

Anyway, so Saar goes up to them and says "ahem...is this the same Non-Sensei we're talking about? Him??? You sure???" And apparently they confirmed. So imagine my friggin' surprise when I hear this. I'm going like all 'whoaaaaa....'. In my opinion, I did a fair job, but that's about it. And hell, if I can get out of there with all body parts intact, can avoid getting hit in places 'that God only meant to be treated nicely', and be able to reproduce and produce non-mutants (don't want to be adding to the genetic damage now, do we?) - I'll be happy. But hitting the ball in the sweet spot of the bat, feeling the *crack*, and watching the ball whizz away is an indescribable feeling. :-)

Speaking of body parts, thanks to my earlier lazyassedness and suddent spurt of activity now, EVERY fucking thing hurts! My shoulders, neck, back, legs...some muscles whose existence I was barely aware of...damn, I need to get into better shape. Hopefully, I'll get some regular exercise from now on.

And THEN, we have a music club meeting today. A club that I, now that I think of it, rather stupidly, pushed into existence. So now, of course I am expected to actually DO something in it. And once again, I'm all like 'whoaaaaa nelly...hold on a guitar-pickin' minute there...you mean 'do' as in activity?'. Sigh. So now, I am to play the guitar for some upcoming program, and sing, and select songs. Why stop there eh? Why don't I dance too eh? Maybe I can paint portraits while juggling some thing and reciting Shakespeare too, eh? Go on - ask, ask! Dammit.

So much to do, and most things start off being due 'yesterday'. Dammit Why the hell do I have such a hard time saying 'no' to anything? Yesterday, Adi said 'you coming to Goa or what?' and I almost said 'yes' without thinking of the mountain of shit I have to burrow out of first. Sigh.

So lathat.

I need a priority check.

Right fucking now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home