Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My funny friend and I

.
I have a colleague/friend who's from Haryana. He's a really nice guy, heart of gold, quite intelligent, very good in his subject of analytical chemistry. When we first met two years ago, we were totally at loggerheads. But now, it's quite nice. We've spent a lot of time together since I moved. He brought me food and stuff when I was sick...an all round nice guy.

Just now at dinner, he was telling me about his previous job, in a company in Himachal Pradesh, and about his night shifts there.
"In the winter chilly, when the wind was breezing..."

He didn't get much further. Or maybe he did. Because I wasn't listening. Because in my head, I was dying with laughter. The effort of controlling the explosive guffaw blurred my vision.
But of course, I don't correct him or laugh at him or anything. Because I like the guy and he's a genuine sort of fellow.

I asked him once, have you watched so-and-so movie?
"Nahi yaar, not fully. I've seen only tits and bits..."

There are other such gems too. Hmmm...lemme think...

^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home