Friday, June 15, 2007

The Return of Non-Sensei

How long's it been? A little more than 2 months.
Way too long.

A lot's changed in two months. A death in the family, an appraisal of my life, an appreciation of life, a change of scenery. No small changes, these.
One day in early May, I was dying to write. A eulogy. But I did not, then. I will now.
One day in early June, I was dying to write about the turn my life has taken. How I am seeing things differently. I didn't then, I will now.
I have time now. I had always planned to use this time to write more. Maybe here, maybe elsewhere.
For better or worse, I don't think anyone reads these words anymore. So they will be for me.
Good.

Everyday, I sit in the bus. It's usually raining outside, and I watch people on the roads. I look at their faces.
And everyday I think, this is a country of people just waiting to die.
And mine is a country of people just dying to live.

An existential angst that just won't go away.

^

13 Comments:

Blogger Australopithecus said...

welcome back.
how it is treating new location?

4:24 AM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger capri angel said...

good 2 c u back :)

6:02 AM, June 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So where be the words you promise?

9:52 AM, June 16, 2007  
Blogger The Darkling Thrush said...

write.
and this time, for you.

(i'll still come by and read. =D heehee.)

10:38 AM, June 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well, whaddaya know.. :-)

Aus : new location is treating ok. bloody wet miserable country...

capri angel : thank you :)

AC : around here somewhere. i may have to look a bit.

thrush : :)

6:11 AM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Adi said...

hope the change of scenery translates to a change in outlook too bud ..

howz life been treating you ...

long time since i spoke to you .. you have a number?

8:05 AM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger H said...

welcome back Nonsense boy. this is utter nonsense that you've been away so long.

But:

1.) sorry for your loss
2.) hope the changes that are, are sitting well in your head
3.) waiting for your longish [we hope] posts
4.) go on... start writing.

11:12 PM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger H said...

Oh AND! what is this new country you've gone to? Much curiosity.

11:13 PM, June 21, 2007  
Blogger Sh'shank said...

And welcome back...
you cant be in London cause it aint raining much but who am I kidding it most definatley rains more days than not...
Anyhow, god speed and well for another time...

PS: word verification... DAM wed(read t, DAMN WET);D

3:07 AM, June 24, 2007  
Blogger tangled said...

Naturally, you update the one week when I can't do the daiy check.
Welcome back.

4:25 AM, June 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@h : thank you. :-)
im in the country Russell Peters calls 'The Motherland'. :-)

@t: but, naturally. :-)

9:41 AM, June 28, 2007  
Blogger tangled said...

*daily.

Whywhywhywhywhy :(

9:34 AM, July 03, 2007  
Blogger H said...

I forgot to tell you, I too love russell peters.

have you managed to see a show? I envy you, nonsense boy.

12:14 AM, July 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home