Sunday, January 04, 2004

Girgut

Depending on the context, between Machchar and me, this means either cigarette or cricket. In Hindi, it means chameleon.
Don't ask.
Fourth and final test betwen Ind and Aus - what a fab series! Today's the fourth day. After Sachin's 241* in the first innings, Ganguly has declared (sportsman-like or chutiya-like, time will tell) in the second, setting a target of about 450 in a day and a bit.
Steve Waugh's last test.
I have a vague feeling we're gonna get muddered and Gangs da will never live this down.
I also have an inkling we might win and Gangs da will be the toast of the nation for a long time to come.
Further, I is having a sense (maybe 6th, I've lost count) the Aussies might draw if they're in a real bad position on the 5th day, if only to prevent a series loss, cos even a draw means we retain the Gavaskar-Border trophy.
Sighh...too many thoughts..must..stop...analysing..
Right now, I is itching in various places to rush to canteen and watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home