Thursday, January 15, 2004

The Kite and I

Yowsah! Had THE most successful day in my rather not-worth-mentioning kite flying career yesterday. 10 cut and wonly the 1 lost. U missed it Aus. None of us were champs, really, but the beer seemed to have helped summat. So, in the end, it was worth going into the dingy depths of Nampally, to Dhoolpet, to extract that manjha.
Turned out I was short of cash to buy what I wanted. And ICICI was as available as a clean Sulabh complex when you really need one. So the shopkeeper turned to me and said (now it all seems to be in soft sepia tones, in slow motion)
"Paison ki fikar mat karo saab...manjha le jaao..main samajh letun ki mai ich patang uda liya.."
Wah ustad wah. Maan gaye..
SO I asked him to choose the best manjha he had. The one he gave me didn't look so good to my oh-so-experienced eyes. But after our unparalleled success and our unchallenged supremacy over the skies of Srinagar colony, I had half a mind to go all the way back, some 20 kms, and pay him the rest of the money, some 20-30 bucks.

The beer took care of this, and any other such ridiculous ideas I may have had.

He was probably ripping me off anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home