Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Comfortably Dumb

So I've spent an immensely fulfilling, productive day today.

I've spent close to, oh I don't know, 8 hours browsing blogs. Is it MY fault I do my work (when I actually get to it) very fast, so I have all this free time to muck about with? So let's see - what have we accomplished today?

We have learnt to distinguish the children from the slightly older children, blogwise.

Holy crap - blogs of kids from SE Asia really get to me. Or kids below the age of 14. They have only the faintest idea of the English language. They know the words, but try guessing how they're going to spell them, and you have the lexicographer's worst nightmare. I noe dat eye sumtims sim 2 jujjmentel, but pliisss...gimi a brek!

Not that British/American kids are any better. Dennis Farina in Snatch summed it up beautifully when he said " I thought this country spawned the fuckin' language. So far nobody seems to speak it". Ya go' tha' right, innit? Anyway, Lessen Wun of my hieli produktif dae wuz 2 diffrenciate dis frum dat.

Oh well, children. Forgiven.

There was this highly interesting one about a girl screwing both a girl AND a guy. At different times, of course. Did not know SE Asia had gotten quite so far. My bad.
Have absolutely no idea where this post is going and guess what - I couldn't care less. No, really. I could not.

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii have become Comfortably Dumb

I have also learnt that simple templates rock. I don't want the bloody page falling apart every time I click on something. I don't need some weird messages scrolling at the bottom of the screen, distracting me from the already painful process of trying to find the little pink words in the multicolored background, lost among all the flowers and fluffy toys I'd be happy to kill one by one. I don't want some cheesy-ass music trying to put me in a good mood, so I'd feel all happy-happy while reading what you did in skool today, who smsed you when and why she's a bitch, if I even get that far. Which I don't. Simple straightforward templates. Beautiful.

But, of course, there was the odd ray of sunshine. Too bad I can't remember any. Funny, how we tend to remember the stuff that pissed us off more than the stuff that made us happy. Or is it just me?

There's that song again...

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... have become... Comfortably Dumb
(guitar solo..aaahhhhh!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home