Thursday, October 07, 2004

Disjointed.

...and then, there's 'Maakafite', or it may be 'Maakafight', or even 'Maakafyte' (nobody has clearly defined it, hence the spelling is open to interpretation and phonetics)

Wha..??

In Hyderabad, even 'Maaki kirkiri' makes sense. Go figure.

On Saturday, I will stand up and perform in front of a crowd again - after almost 3 years. The last time was pretty well received, as a solo performance on that stage at the Y. The people who knew me were surprised, and I'd like to think the goraas enjoyed it as well. This time, it's a band - group coordination. As long as I only had to depend on myself it was fine. Now, it gets a li'l more complicated. Oh well, I hope we do alright. At least the boys will be confident, since it will be an only AISEC crowd. Sigh. What am I going to do with this young lot?

Apparently, my office comp needs a 3D accelerator graphics card. It couldn't handle the brutality of the 70 consecutive games of 3D Pool I played yesterday, added to the 50 of the day before. So the screen was inverted when I turned on the comp this morning. Even the IT helpdesk guys had never seen anything like it. So let me get this straight - it's worth giving me a brand new comp worth some 60K, with a 100 Mbps net connection, but NOT worth giving me a graphics card? How am I ever going to completely experience the wonder that is Quake 3 or even NFS whichever version?? C'mon people! Let's get some perspective here!

My job rocks.

It's time to say goodbye to Monique. It's been 5 lovely years, with some really, really lovely memories. I was her first, she was mine. Fidelity, stamina, patience...she had it all. My friends had a saying about us, which they would tell newbies - 'you can ask him for his wife and you may get her, but don't ask for Monique' (translated from the original Telugu). But the time has come for a change. I believe I gave her a fair run, and I can only hope the next guy will treat her as well as I have.

I think I need a more powerful bike now.

Pulsar was the first idea. Now I've been asked to consider Honda's new Unicorn. I would do it too, because I think I can probably trust a Honda engine anywhere. Gotta do it soon though...I only have a year left (hopefully).

Adi needs a sendoff. Aloque's left me, and now Adi too. Damn. This sucks! It better be a BLOODY lot of alcohol tonite, maan!

Thank you for flying Disjointed Airways. Your captain was The Non-Sensei, who is about to lose it very soon. Wanna stick around? We is gonna keep flaaayin maan...where be dat spliff?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home