Sunday, December 12, 2004

One year

It's been one year.

I missed my blog's birthday because I thought it was later this month. Apparently, it was right at the beginning. This is most definitely a time for reflection. I think this past year comes close to the best, if not THE best, year of my life. And the blog does have a lot to do with it. For introducing me to it, and helping me set it up, I must thank my friend Australopithecus - thanks, man.

I have met some of the most wonderful people here; there would be no point in trying to list them out - the list is just too long. In any case, they know who they are. And I know who they are. I will never forget them, and that's all that matters. I have made friends in many parts of the world and I know I will find familiarity and help wherever I go. That is a comforting thought.

I have read some of the best writers on offer. I have been humbled by their brilliance. I have found validation in them and from them, and the inspiration to go on. I would not have written half the things I have if I didn't feel that these writers extraordinaire thought they were halfway decent. I have learnt tons of things about writing, about online etiquette, about pain, about expression, about raw passion...about myself. Any period of time spent learning (not just studying) is very valuable and important to me. Few years in my life come close to this one in that aspect.

I found love. I found friends and I'm reasonably sure 3 or 4 of them are the 'through thick and thin' types, not the everyday garden variety. For this, I am grateful to the blog, because I probably would never have met them otherwise. Some might say I have rather romantic or archaic views on friendship. Well, maybe, but I'd rather have those and hope that I'll find someone who shares them, and who wants and values my friendship as much as I do theirs, than have empty, emotion-less 'friendships' which would probably be better described as acquaintances. I want to be moved.

This blog has become a part of my life, an extension of me. I live here as Non-Sensei. I AM Non-Sensei. And I like it.

I will end with my first posts, and over the next few days, I think I'll do a retrospective over the past year...and maybe explain what was behind some of the posts and poems. I'd like to remember too!


<<< Wednesday, December 03, 2003


blurb

hmm..other people's blogs seem to make so much more sense, they are so much profounder...maybe it just takes time.
Funny thing - time. Think of all it means, all its implications, the way it controls more than most other things we know in our daily lives. In the end, we find ourselves defined by it. We are children of the age we were born in. We live for a certain while and whatever other obstacles we may overcome in life, the one thing we can never beat is time.
And to think we only have a very, very vague idea of what it is...
Like the man said "Tiiiiiiime..is on my side...yes it is..."


// spouted by Non-Sensei @ 12/3/2003 02:22:35 PM
Comment (0)


I hope I can erase some of this gibberish someday...like I was just saying..it's only words..and words are all I have..to take your medulla oblangata away...

// spouted by Non-Sensei @ 12/3/2003 12:51:18 PM
Comment (0)


umm..first tentative steps into a world Im not sure I belong in..or want to belong in...


// spouted by Non-Sensei @ 12/3/2003 12:41:56 PM
Comment (0)

>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home