Sunday, September 24, 2006

Non-Sensica V

And so it seems I must get back into the habit of writing.
Or typing, as it has become these days.

In a month's time, I will take yet another exam. One I'm not entirely sure why I am taking, but it seems to hold the possibilities of wealth, fame, fortune and all the rest of the dreams they sold you so hard. The exam is online and requires writing.
Or typing, as it is these days.

So now, I use this space to randomise.
The expected outcomes of this exercise are :

1) I will re-learn how to think quickly
2) I will re-learn to translate those thoughts, arguments, ideas, and logics into (hopefully) coherent sentences and paragraphs.
3) I will re-learn how to type reasonably fast without making too many mistakes (seeing how I seem to have all but given up chatting and blogging)
4) The poor readers of this page (whose numbers seem to be rapidly dwindling, and probably with good reason) will be subjected to some pretty rubbish stuff. Yes, I know this is not something new.

Life's changing. Faster than it used to before. Faster than it did for our parents. And while we run around frantically trying to experience and document as much of it as we can, it seems our actions become more and more futile, with respect to the desired end.
Emailing, chat rooms, instant messengers, walkmans, cd players, dvd players, portable thisthatandtheother, ipods, 10 GB, 20 GB, 30 GB , ipod shuffle, smaller and smaller computers which do more and more, blogging, online everyFUCKINGthing, mobile phones, walkman phones, internet-capable phones, camera phones, digital cameras, handycams, plasma TV, music systems, home theatre systems, all in one systems, cable TV with a bazillion channels, reality TV, corporate culture, the whoring of education, the death of values.

Life's gotten a whole lot more complicated.
Sometimes I wonder if every generation experiences this feeling, or are we truly seeing something in this particular time frame (say 1995 - 2010) that will utterly change the face of human civilisation? Affect it as much as, say, the industrial revolution?
Or even more?
What is the fate of our race?
Whatever it may be, dear God, may Jessica Simpson, Victoria Beckham and others of their ilk have very little to do with it.

********************************

There was definitely a time when the words came far easier than they do now. It was not so long ago, either.The sad part is, I may have become sort of indifferent to this death of a part of me.
My daily life now revolves around my office, the endless conversations on the topics of who makes how much money, and how to make more money, and how to be more successful, and who is an asshole, and who is a good guy, life in this city vs life in other cities. Then I come home and watch TV. Make a phone call. Eat. Sleep.
Repeat ad infinitum.
The usual.
Inspite of my sincere and considerable efforts to not be stereotypical, in many aspects of my daily life, it appears I have become the hamster in the wheel.
The rat in the race.
The gin in the gin-soaked boy.
Tsk tsk.

Soon, my decaying existence,
soon...

^

2 Comments:

Blogger Manu said...

loud and clear, i hear you!
i'm almost exactly in the stage of life that you are, the great song of Indifference (Bob Geldof, jyeah!).
i'm sure you felt as immensely glad as i did after i finally managed to write after a long time. corny, but therein lies the answer!
sakkath sakkath posht!
P.S: you will always have more fans than you can imagine. trust me!

3:54 AM, September 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manu : nice to know you were able to relate to the random rambling man.. :-)
And thanks... :-)

10:10 AM, September 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home