Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today I heard a song from my younger years.
Then I listened to it.

10 years vanished in 6 notes on a piano. I was back in a place and time when the grass was greener, the light was brighter, the taste was sweeter. The words wrapped around aural and neural channels in ways I can barely describe. The searing guitar solo reminded me of the pain the permanent branding of some memories causes.

But, all is not lost. It never is.

Let us not wait twenty four years to say hello.


^

3 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Sometimes, it's best not to say hello again.

10:57 PM, May 25, 2008  
Blogger The Darkling Thrush said...

:)

sometimes, it's amazing how empty music sounds, if not for whatever we associate with it.

here's to more hellos.
and many rising and falling notes.

take care mistuww NS!

11:40 PM, May 25, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@H : well, i've spent a few years now believing that. i'm bored.

@TDT : interesting premise, that - the music association bit...

2:14 PM, May 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home