Thursday, October 09, 2008

I need to be a bit higher. Just a little bit.

Over the past couple of months, I've had some interesting...moments, for the lack of a better word. As the words fly off the keyboard right now, I remember the night in Bangalore and the weirdest dream I've had in a while. It was so surreal. reality seeped in at some point and I found myself at a strange but irresistible crossroads. this dream was more real than most 'real' experiences i've had. i found myself sitting up in bed, in a strange house, with new people, and slipping in and out of the dream. analysing what i thought was happening, and then allowing myself to slip back into the dream so the story and analysis could move forward. and repeat.

i give up on capital letters. just a little bit.

i live in adrenaline-fuelled days and alcohol-fuelled nights. neon signs turn to black and white before my eyes. people caught in my camera automatically show me the shades of grey that we are all really made of. people with a purpose in life scare me. drowning in my ocean of logic-driven intelligence, i realise i have no real knowledge. only information.

that scares me. just a little bit.

how did it come to this? i am only socially relevant when high. ironically, that is precisely the moment society becomes irrelevant to me. like tonight, when i ditched my brilliant colleagues to go listen to some presumably poor people strumming guitars in the backyard of a pub, and photograph other beautiful people who had presumably done the same.


^

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:36 PM, October 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man. Your thinking is on a totally different level now. :)

Maybe you need to capture yourself in your camera, so you can better see the shades of grey you're made of in order to get the answers to the questions you ask. What say? :)

11:40 PM, October 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@AC: hmm, that's an interesting idea :)

3:52 AM, October 19, 2008  
Blogger H said...

Share the pics! Puhleese.

11:19 PM, October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home