Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Vande Mata Rome

humro des dubai gayo! (our country is sunk)

*sigh* Whateva man. So Sonia Gandhi will be the next Prime Minister tomorrow. Really, who gives a shit? I'm not really into politics of any sort, but what's all the fuss about? So she's of Italian origin. So what? Maybe our fashion industry will get a boost now. Maybe we'll finally get some goddamn decent pasta and macaroni. Maybe Gucci and Armani will start manufacturing locally.

So she may not be the greatest administrator. That's fine. We, as a nation, are more or less used to it. It's either puppets, sleepies, or old age home adverts. Dosen't matter, really. The good are killed/voted out (a good head of state?? sacrilege!), the bad are the puppet masters and the ugly are the puppets. Where are the young and the reckless who will take bold, impulsive decisions, sink the country in the blink of an eye and save us all the agony of waiting? Admit it, we've had it quite good for so long. Now, it's time to pay.

I'm not saying the current government will be bad. Hell, we haven't given them half a chance to fuck it up yet now, have we? The minute Laloo starts unequivocally suporrting anything other than his own ass is the minute we must start to get majorly suspicious. Govinda won. Holy Crap, what will Milan say?? It's all in the phaimlee...Welcome back, Dynasty No.1.

At the very least, I hope Mrs. Gandhi II introduces cheap return flights to the land of really-bad-sounding gaalis. St. Peter's Basilica is THE most astounding thing I have ever seen. I musta make a de trip to Milano si? And Rome...Dio! There is no place like Rome. So please Mrs Gandhi, rule my country - that's fine by me - but do help me, the travelwhore, torn by wanderlust, to go cheap to Italy. I'll shine shoes, I'll go without food for a week, I'll even...even...I'll even vote for you..

Wherever I May Roam!
Vande Mata Rome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home