Thursday, May 13, 2004

Rush

Getting paid to do something you like doing, and are good at, is the coolestest.

I'm talking about lending my voice, but I like the way you think.

Did a couple of ads yesterday. The ads were directed by Rana, the scion of the Ramanaidu clan, and shot by Ramesh, that superfast dude who shot 'Blur' for a while with us. Ramesh told me the ads were for Star Plus et al, so waitin' for that. Saw the process of the making of an ad jingle up close. There was this young boy on the casio, being told by the fat arse music director what to do. He chose some weird, half-beat ahead tune, and the overall effect was jarring rather than catchy. Crazy music fellows. So I asked the director what Grade of piano the boy was at, and he told me the kid had had no formal training. Damn, he was good. What a friggin’ waste.

How to become a guitar god:
Step 4 : Get an electric guitar.

After so many years of believing myself to be not good enough, I’ve finally gotten an electric. And it still isn’t mine yet; I’ve got to decide whether I want to buy it off Dr. Brijesh or not. It’s only an old Givson, but I can potter about on it for a while before the Fender or the Jackson Strat. Rajiv’s Tansen Floyd-Rose wouldn’t be too bad, but that’ll be on the market only 3 months down the line. Let’s see.

But maaaannn…that baby felt good in my arms last night…no turning back now. Once you’ve tasted it, you’re addicted to that rush.

I look at her now and I see a love that’s been sleeping,
While my guitar gently weeps...

I can’t write a love song the way I feel today,
I can’t sing no song of hope, I’ve got nothin’ to say
Life is feeling kinda strange since you went away...
I send this song to you wherever you are,
As my guitar lies bleeding in my arms...

Welcome, my horny angel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home