Thursday, January 20, 2005

.
A colleague who hadn't seen me for a while said : so, you've grown a beard.
I replied : yeah, I'm in the 'Don't Care' phase.

I might shave it off soon. But that may or may not mean I care now.

My 'everyday' colleagues get a kick out of making some sort of comment on the way I look, or my clothes, or how I work, or how I'm not very social these days ("You're not mixing nowadays". Yeah, that's because not everyone feels a compulsion to be a nosy bitch like you, isn't it.) This is mostly because none of them have the balls to be who they are. Everyone is someone else.

It shouldn't matter whether you shave everyday, or come dressed just so, just to look like what you think you are expected to look like. I alomost feel sorry for you morons, living a lie day in and day out.

So they had their laughs and then The Fox said "It's a fashion statement...it's part of the whole look." I almost laughed in his face because he's the one most trapped in this image conflict, between being who he is and what he wants to project himself to be. Or maybe he's just a slimeball anyway. Not that I care. I'm too dumb for office politics and ego-fuelled mindgames. But I did think about what he said. Ha ha ha - I've never been a fashion statement before! It's practically laughable. But I think I love the shock value. I also think I'm in the wrong fucking industry. But that's a whole other loaded M-16.

When he asks, and he probably will at some point, I'm thinking I should tell the boss the long hair is a religious thing.

It's probably a good thing he doesn't know I'm agnostic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home