Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Monks and Russians.

...and another one gone, another one gone...

This weekend, I will be saying goodbye to a very dear friend. Yet again. It’s hard and it takes its toll on me, but I can’t really escape it – only accept it. The hardest part is realising that it’s ending just as it is beginning.

It will be a while before I hear that familiar voice going "Duuuuuude" on the other end of the line again. And forces beyond my control take over and before I know it, I’m grinning ear to ear and going "duuuhuhuuuude!" myself. It will be a while before I hear that hearty laugh and the mocking of the south Indian accent (Saaar! Wun saaambar pliss). It will be a while before someone wants me to come on a trip, and tries to convince me so strongly ("See, I don’t care. Your balls are coming, you can join them if you want to...").

It will be a while before I hear "Bitch, get your ass here NOW, we are gonna partaayy!" – at 11 at night, when there would be just 3 of us. And it would still be kickass fun. It will be a while before we throw a party and I get a call every 20 minutes asking me where the fuck I am. And it will be a while before I have such fun again, before I laugh so hard again. It will be a while before HBM is as much fun again.

And it will be a while before I forget the serious talks. Before I forget the strong clasping of wrists and the drunken promises. It will take a long time to forget this emotion and the bonding, something I haven’t felt in years. But anything I might forget will only be replaced with something even more memorable. It will be a while before I feel someone values my friendship so, and feels I have much to offer. I do man, I do – you ain’t seen nothing yet.

All that remains is one night. One night to build on bonds strong; to ensure the bonds can stretch to infinity and back, but will not wither through space and time.

Here’s to a mountain of a man, with an even bigger heart – I will miss you, Biggy.

May we reunite someday in the spirited company of Monks and Russians, my friend.

Charrrrasssssss!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home