Monday, December 27, 2004

So, it's a time for reflection, eh?

What did 2004 mean to me? Was it an oh-so-wonderful year? Did I get all I wanted? Shall I wonder if 2004 will turn out to be significant in my life? Shall I wish for 2005 to be even better, wish all and sundry a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year, generally beam all around and make like it's a HUGE transition? Shall I wax eloquent?

Naahh, screw it.

I feel quite...empty. And it feels quite strange.

There's only one person I want to spend New Year's eve with. And not more than 5 other people I'd like to also be there. I don't want to 'partaaayyyyy' anymore, I don't want 50 million watts of dhik-chik dhik-chik, I don't want 35 half naked VJs/DJs prancing to the 'most mindblowing party of the year!!!' You may kindly shove the 'hottest dance troupes' from Paris or Pathhargatti or whereverthefuck where the sun don't shine. I don't want all this maha pressure of having FUN!! or being seen at this 'do' or that 'blast'.

Being in the extremely 'whatever' mood I am in right now, I don't really know what it is I do want. But I do know that the places I go to and the things I do won't matter at all, compared to who I am with. Of course, this is not something new or wonderfully unique by itself...but it is for me.

There is still a temptation to analyse the year. But no.

What did Narcissus do at the edge of the pool?

He reflected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home