Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Qatsi Trilogy

.
Nagoyqatsi : Life as War

I've fought my battles. These scars are real. I've earned my bruised Purple Heart.
But victorious or vanquished, what does a warrior do when the battle's done? What is left?

Koyaanisqatsi : Life out of balance

I have floundered. What is anything without balance, without opposing forces? I kept adding pounds of flesh to both sides, while fate played the mongoose in between - a little too much here, now a little too much there. Picked me clean. Nothing left to balance.
Sometimes, the balance must be burned, melted, and forged again.

Powaqqatsi : Life in transformation

I have risen. Not for the first time, and probably not the last, but I have risen.
Life is in transformation. Stronger, wiser.

A few strides from the boy, a couple of steps yet from the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home