Monday, March 14, 2005

Snippets

.
I've cut my hair.

I was suddenly reminded of my first haircut in London, the 5 pound cut at Mr.Toppers. I even remember the girl who did it. She took one look at my head and said "Tha'll cost ya more than 5 quid. Tha's not a trim, it's a whole hairstyle change!". And then she gave me the best looking cut I've ever had. And she did it in about 3 minutes. Yesterday, I remembered how happy I'd felt then, and actually wanted to go back and give her a 2 quid tip.
She'd just probably go and buy a pack of Silk Cut with it.

*****************************
I was just reading a blog I've not visited in a long time.

It's a girl I know, writing, mostly, about a guy I know and their relationships, but in verse. They are two people united in soul by an undeniable, irresistable chemistry; a relationship forged in passion but now torn apart by distance. Or so I think, from what I read.

I've been in relationships like that. They are the most rewarding, and also the most painful.

So I'm thinking, what happens if I go away now?
I cannot afford to die inside again.
Maybe the comfortable acceptance and hugely presumtuous planning is a good thing.
I'm usually the luckless wonder, but I get so fucking lucky, sometimes.

******************************
My thumb better heal properly, so I can get back to playing the darn guitar.

I just realised how lost I'd be if I wasn't able to do that. A friend of mine has been asking to listen to me play for close to 2 years now, but surprisingly it has never happened so far. She was upset when I told her on the phone about the thumb, but she almost broke down when I told her I may not be able to play for a while. You'd think if she's waited so long, she can wait a bit longer.

Then I thought, maybe she thinks I can never play again. That's why she's so upset. But that's not true. I'm sure I will be able to play soon, right?

Right??

Whoa. What if...?

Scary fuckin thought.

My thumb better heal properly, so I can get back to playing the darn guitar.

*********************************
There are few things as frustrating as being somewhat mature, and being forced to be around those who are supposed to be, and can be, but are not. And trying to cover up for them.

It's enough to make one want to scream and bash their heads in with the nearest traffic light.
Which one would have uprooted with one's bare hands.

***********************************
playtime's over.
It's time to get serious.

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home