Saturday, July 14, 2007

Shelf life

Just another day spent
thinking of life and death
and all in between
The light that shines
through the wine, carrying thoughts
of what you are, what I am
and what is mine

Man of steel, with tears
of mercury, flowing slowly
Frozen by the wind
Melt, rewind, recast, rename
but the streaks remain

Not long for this world
but already many lives lived too soon
This fragile life of porcelain
shattered, then lovingly glued with lies
Put back on the shelf
but the cracks remain

Sometimes, all this talk of forever
is a little insane
because when we kiss,
you are inspiring
but I am
expiring.

^

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger tangled said...

...
I like last lines the best.

8:39 PM, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@tangled : :-)

12:37 PM, July 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but in FF the words are all off to the left side sticking to the edge and the blogroll is in the middle of the page.

5:41 AM, July 18, 2007  
Blogger H said...

You, my friend are inspiring. with your beautiful poem. I tend to dislike poetry. especially poetry that talks about pain. But your poem is lovely.

though, t'would be nice if you allowed yourself to be lost in the kiss, and let it linger. then perhaps you will notice that there isn't sometimes a better glue than letting go.

Sometimes, I also wish I could follow my own advice. remind me, hanh.

12:12 AM, July 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

8:03 AM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger The Darkling Thrush said...

arcane crapper style, this.
but thought is very NS.

hope all is well with you.

11:22 PM, August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home