Monday, May 02, 2005

See Saw

Sometimes, people can look at the same thing and see completely different things.

I pictured a rainbow
You held it in your hand
I had flashes
You saw the plan
I wandered out in the world for years
While you just stayed in your room
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon


Maybe disagreements are important. Maybe we are supposed to see things differently. It doesn't seem like much fun right then, what with all the arguing and the ego hassles, power trips and responsibility pushing...
Maybe it just wouldn't be as much fun if we agreed all the time. But how would we know?

I was grounded
While you filled the skies
I was dumbfounded by truth
You cut through lies
I saw the rain dirty valley
You saw "Brigadoon"
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon


Maybe the tables have turned a bit, eh? The confidence shoe's on the other foot, maybe. It's nice to have balance. I think this is one of those rides where you only know whether it was good or not once it's over. Where's the point in seeing eye to eye all the time? Like driving through a countryside of rose gardens, looking through a monochrome lens.

I spoke about wings
You just flew
I wondered, I guessed and I tried
You just knew
I sighed
And you swooned
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon
The whole of the moon...


I see you saw.

^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home