Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's time I re-learned the art of writing. Or learned, as the case may be.

How about a piece of prose which doesn't have sentences ending with multiple punctuation marks? Which expresses what I want to say without needing 'emoticons'. Which contains, for the most part at least, words which can be found in the OED.
Something I wouldn't cringe at some time in the future.

I seem to have forgotten how to write like that. It took a minor blast from the past, a rediscovery of an old blog, to remind me that things were different once.

^

9 Comments:

Blogger H said...

I know exactly what you mean. Emoticons, elipsies, slang… they’re gifts of the Devil.

4:37 AM, November 01, 2007  
Blogger Adi said...

hmmm, whe you do relearn ... can you ghost write my blog for me

of course, we'll share the chics 70-30 (in my favor)

9:27 AM, November 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@H : yeah. slang, hmm, will have to think about that one.

@Adi : sure dude. anytime. my 30% being the best of the lot, of course.

10:48 AM, November 01, 2007  
Blogger Sh'shank said...

John Nash...
Wowieeeee...
not relevant to this post.
but what the heck, dinner with john Nash...
Word verification requests
Lay hp hp
;-)

9:01 PM, November 02, 2007  
Blogger tangled said...

Whose old blog was it?
I remeber the first time I found N-S and read through all the archives...something about your old writing really got to me. :)
Ask the AC for the more embarrassing details, if you like! :D

Sometimes I think people write rubbish more often when happy than not.

2:20 AM, November 03, 2007  
Blogger tangled said...

*remember, dammit!
I always do that!

2:23 AM, November 03, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stole my thoughts. :)

And Dear Ms. Tangled, what embarassing details are you referring to?

2:11 AM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger tangled said...

If you don't remember, I'm not saying a thing.
:|

11:38 PM, November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@pricky : hey, nice to see you round these parts.

@T : mine. or one of them, rather.
Looks like I've missed out on some interesting stuff, thanks to AC's comment.
Damn.

2:02 PM, November 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home